Applied Behavior Analysis, or ABA, is the leading form of autism intervention and treatment. ABA therapy is supported by decades of research and is proven effective: Every day we see for ourselves the dramatic effect that these interventions can have in the quality of a child’s life and the trajectory of their future.
JumpStart Autism Center is committed to providing the highest quality treatment to our clients and information and guidance to parents of children with autism. Our Albuquerque location became the flagship ABA treatment center in New Mexico, and we bring the same level of experience and quality staffing to Denver.
What is ABA Therapy?
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) is a method of treatment that utilizes a combination of skills assessments and the principles of learning in order to modify behavior. We begin our treatments by assessing a child’s development, charting multiple markers from the Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VB-MAPP) and/or the Assessment of Basic Language and Learning-Revised (ABLLS-R). Based on that information, we develop a treatment program that is personalized to the individual needs of the child.
The goal of ABA is to establish positive behaviors and skills through the formation of habits. Children with autism face difficulties in learning new skills via traditional teaching approaches traditional setting. We teach children new skills via task analyze behaviors (i.e., break fundamental skills into small teachable steps and systematically teach each step to the child) reinforcement of desired responses/behaviors, and reinforce the chaining or combination of the small skills into complex new skills.
How is JumpStart Different?
We are not the only ABA treatment program in Denver, but we have the strength of experience and quality staff behind us. These are some of the factors that let us stand out:
- The quality of training and level of supervision for our interventionists ensures your child rapidly moves through treatment targets and maximizes their progress.
- By receiving treatment with a provider who provides center-based services, then you child has an entire team (e.g., psychologist and multiple BCBAs and RBTs) working together to address your child’s needs.
- We provide low client-to-staff ratios, ensuring that every child gets the attention he/she deserves.
- We provide therapy at both our center and the child’s home, maximizing the opportunity to generalize skills.
- We utilize a range of ABA teaching approaches to match your child’s specific learning style (e.g., natural environment teaching, pivotal response teaching, errorless teaching, discrete trail training, etc…)
- Our small group work provides children with vital and natural social interaction that is missing in many other ABA programs.
- We utilize only positive reinforcement to reward desirable behaviors. We do not utilize “punitive consequences” in our program.
If your child has been diagnosed with autism, Early and Intensive Behavioral Intervention (EIBI) and comprehensive ABA programs are the key to maximizing their potential and quality of life. To learn more about JumpStart Autism Center and our treatment program, contact us today for information or a tour of our center.